Cynthia Munro is an executive coach, consultant, and founding director of C Squared Consulting Limited (C2Consulting). She has worked for 16 years in management consultancy, 3½ years consulting and contracting to government agencies where she led national projects, and 8 years in education and training where she held senior management positions. Cynthia is experienced in workshop design, delivery and focus group facilitation. She is an experienced coach.
Lifestyle Planning for Retirement
Cynthia works with a wide range of people from small to large organisations in a wide variety of sectors, as well as private individuals, including couples. She provides workshops and coaching throughout the country, both face to face and virtually.
Cynthia brings a blend of exercises, discussion, and ideas as part of her approach and recognizes that everyone comes with different needs. She recognises that people’s reasons for staying in the workforce post aged 65, and those who want to leave, come with different motivations, including sometimes hidden reasons that are important to be unpicked. A key ingredient to the way she works is creating a positive view of retirement and assisting people find their purpose and identity in the new and exciting next phase of their life.
Her knowledge and expertise has been enriched through her own experience having started to phase into retirement and doing a 4-day week. Cynthia is a catalyst for change by asking the right questions, analysing the resulting information; identifying, implementing solutions. She also strongly encourages people to complete a couple of exercises prior to a one-to-one session or workshop, that sparks their thinking. Cynthia’s approach is enhanced by the other complimentary expertise and experience she has in other areas:
Cynthia’s other consulting/coaching expertise includes:
• Career transition –outplacement coaching
• Career development –
• Change management for leaders and staff
• Team building and development • Leadership, performance, development,
• Facilitation and workshop design and presentation
• Recruitment and exiting processes,
Relevant Accreditation and assessment tools include:
• Myers Briggs Personality Indicator
• Birkman Method • TMI
• Winsborough 360
Qualifications and professional memberships:
• Advanced Diploma of Business Management, Oxford University
• Diploma in Adult and Tertiary Education, Auckland University of Technology
• Bachelor of Arts, Otago University
• Member of the Human Resources Institute of New Zealand (HRINZ)